Tell me your story.
Here is my story….
My pictures really tell the entire story, but here is the story behind the pictures.
Exercise was not always a top priority in my life….in fact, rewind to about 20 years ago, and I didn’t even know gyms existed!
You see, 20 years ago, I was in college. Enough said, right?!?!
Physical Therapy was a hard major, and studying was number one priority for me, and not exercise! Then, the college food….wow! Basically it was like being on a cruise ship for 9 months out of the year. All the food you could eat! And, of course, I didn’t want to waste my parents money that they spent on my meals, so I ate myself up 25 pounds in the first 3 months of my freshman year! And guess what?? I didn’t care! Pizza, calzones and Taco Bell tacos at 2am, yes please!
Gym?? What’s that?
Vegetables? Say what?
Give up alcohol? Heck no! I am in college for goodness sakes!
Then after college comes marriage, and shortly after, pregnancy, and…… I remember right where I was standing when I realized that it was time to become healthier. Not just for me, but for this little boy growing inside of me. It was time for me to start to become healthier for myself AND my family! After Luke was born 15 years ago, I started to faithfully go to the gym and start to eat better. But I still honestly, had no clue what I was doing.
Oh, yea, I forgot to mention the pregnancy of my twin boys where I gained 75 pounds! That was a fun pregnancy….not!
After having all my boys, I tried every “diet” underneath the sun, and was always reading in magazines about new ways to lose weight. The information out there is TOO much to process, it truly is!
From Atkins to South Beach and every diet in between, nothing seemed to work long term. I wasn’t looking for a quick fix, rather I was looking for a lifestyle change.
Want to know the solution I came up with that I have been able to maintain for the past 2 years as a lifestyle and not a diet?? A lifestyle where I feel better at age 42 than I have in over 20 years?!?!
- You can eat everything in moderation.
- Find and consume the best supplements that fill the nutrient gaps with the food out there in our society.
- Eat 6 snacks and/or meals every single day! No more 3 square meals like we were taught in the 80’s.
- Eat a protein source at every meal/snack.
- Eat good fats because….good fats burn fat.
- Stay far away from processed food.
- Drink 1/2 your bodyweight in ounces of water each day.
- Intermittent fasting is key.
- Lift weights 3-5 days per week.
- Dedicate at least 15 minutes each day to self development, gratitude, and mindset training.
YES! Commitment to steps 1-10 WILL get you the results you are looking for.
That is my story.
I would love to hear your story.
- The Truth Behind Artificial SweetenersNovember 24, 2018
- Is Your Poop Normal?May 15, 2018
- How to Naturally Lower Stress Hormone (Cortisol)April 7, 2018
- DAIRY INTOLERANCE (LACTOSE, CASEIN, AND WHEY)March 29, 2018
- Haven’t Changed Anything in Your Diet But Getting Fatter?March 15, 2018